I wanted to show you a technique today. I took Bright colored paper and made it match a more rustic looking collection. I still have been unser the weather. But this week on Ustream Wednesday 9pm EST I will show you how to take ten minutes and make any paper match your collection.... an economic way to get your own 'fancy' papers!
Just a sneak peek of how to do it!
I started with Jillibean Soup paper which is BRIGHT colored,
sorta of something my daughter would pick out.
You can see how this does NOT match the muted beige colors in the paper on the right and left.
I took SmoochSpritz it looks brown but it is actually a soft gold
You can see with the Paper towels the overspray of the SmoochSpritz.
After I prayed it I quickly took paper towels and rubbed it in and made it evenly dispursed over the paper.
This was what it looked like right after I sprayed it, you have to quickly take your paper towel and spread it all over the paper, y wiping it quickly.
After I achieved the color I wanted. I used the Shimmer spray to give the paper a finishing touch of shimmer to match the shimmer on the paper I was trying to MATCH.
On the left is the original paper and on the right is my modified paper. I will show you the rest of this project on Wednesday!
Please forgive me that I do not have a finished project. I am still adjusting to this new medication and I am struggling with it..... I am hiring a few people to help me with the webstore. So hopefully I can get back to crafting VERY soon! Happy Hopping.... Next is my Blog Candy to sign up for the giveaways!
Next you should go to my BLOG CANDY
If you got lost along the way here is the entire line up...
1. Lisa www.allmadebylisa.blogspot.com -
2. Lezlye http://lezlyes.blogspot.com/ -
3. Karey http://www.creativecraftcorner.com/ -
4. Amanda http://craftsbyamanda.blogspot.com/ -
5. Gayle http://gscraptime.blogspot.com/ -
6. Patricia http://micraftygal.blogspot.com/ -
7. Lucinda http://thegrowinggibson.blogspot.com/ -
8. Connie http://conniescraftycloset.blogspot.com/ -
9. Jen L http://mybusycraftylife.blogspot.com/ -
10. Tammy A. http://crazycardcreator.blogspot.com/ -
11. Jen R. http://memorieswithjen.blogspot.com/ -
12. Kat http://katscrapfever.blogspot.com/ -
13. Rosa http://kleymanr.blogspot.com/ -
14. Tina http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com/ - -
15. Erica’s Project- http://ericascraftroom.blogspot.com/
16. Blog Candy- http://ericasblogcandy.blogspot.com/ -----NEXT-----